Thursday, August 24, 2006

BOYS

Okay. My oldest, a seventh grader in Jr. High, told me last night that a boy stuffed a note through the slot in her locker asking if she would go out with him. Only he didn't say who he was. He just said to put yes on the paper and then put back in locker #147 (I think). Wow. Haven't thought about the "passing notes through the locker slots" in quite some time now. Brings back memories!!! So, what did my smart daughter do? She wrote on the note,"No, I will not go out with you since I don't even know who you are!" and then stuffed back in the appropriate locker. I wonder if he'll give up or tell her who he is. She's too young to date anyway, but they've got this 9th grade mixer coming up and she's getting all excited about it. She even asked me to take her shopping for a new dress! I told her I think they will just wear jeans (but she is checking to find out). I want her to have the best time in Jr. High. I want her to get great grades, be involved in everything she can and make lots and lots of new friends. We've already talked about how important it is to be in the right circle of friends. That is SO important when you are growing up!

No comments: