Tuesday, August 22, 2006

THE LOVE OF A MAN

Let me just start out by saying there is nothing better than the true deep love of a man. Specifically, my husband. Yeah, some days I want to strangle him (only about 3% of the time), but the rest of the time things are great. The predictable things are the ones that mean the most, I think. Like when I holler throughout the house, "Dinner's ready!". He ALWAYS yells (and if the girls are with him, they yell too) "So soooon?". I have to admit, it used to iritate me. Now, it makes me smile. Not just an outward smile. I smile deep down in the pits of my soul. Or when I make a sale at work and I tell him what bonus I've earned extra that day. I can count on him saying, "'Bout time you earned your keep!". I love him. I love him. I love him. We've been married 16 years now and to be perfectly honest with you, it hasn't been all that difficult. Yes, time has flown by since we have 2 kids. In fact, neither of us can remember exactly what we did with ourselves before they came along. (Well, other than the obvious!) Gone are the days of walking around the house/apt naked all day and making love whenever and wherever it struck us. But that's okay. We find time regularly to do that. I think it's funny though. We shut our bedroom door whenever we are making love and inevitably one of the kids will knock on the door. My husband usually tells them to be quiet, that Mommy is taking a nap. Then we giggle silently for a bit. Then he looks at me and says that they KNOW what we are doing but I just won't admit it. I love him. I love him. Did I mention I love him? I was reading an article or something the other day and this woman was saying that her and her hubby are best buds. They talk all day, instant message each other, etc. I actually was a bit jealous for a split second- then it went away. My first thought was-how lucky are you that your husband will chat with you all day long about what's going on all day long. Then, I realized. I'm just as lucky as she is. You don't have to be on the phone with each other for hours to be in love. It just so happens, my husband doesn't like to talk on the phone. Our conversations are very brief and to the point. Not much extra. But, that's OKAY with me. It's how we've been living our lives these past 16 years and I'm not insulted when he wants to end the phone conversation. Okay- enough for now. I better get back to work. I just wanted to let the world know that I am in love with my husband and realize how very lucky I am.

No comments: