Monday, November 27, 2006

THANKSGIVING

So, we FINALLY came up with a name for the new puppy. Dutchess KoKo Pees-a-lot. Dutchess for short. She has been so good for us and for Sasha. They are truly best buds. They even have to sleep right next to each other. So cute.

Thanksgiving was great. Food, food and more food. We had 2 Thanksgiving dinners (just like every year). This year was especially fun at J's mom's in Paola because his aunt was up from Texas and is turning 50 next week. So, we decided to throw her a little suprise party. All his family showed up. It was great! Oh yeah! I need to tell you about the pie that never goes away. T made this yummy cheesecake on top/apple pie type filling on the bottom pie. She made 2 of them. She took one of the pies to 2 family thanksgiving dinners and only 1 small piece was taken out of it! So, she set it out at M's 50th bday party so it would get eaten. I took a pity piece (it was a joke among us). Jan took a piece and Steve took a swipe out with a fork. That was it. More than 1/2 the pie was still left AND she still had the whole other pie that she had made in the fridge! So, I came up with this idea: Take the pie home and let her think it got eaten. I put it in the freezer until Christmas and then when the whole family is over- bring it out then!!! Only me, J, Jan and Steve know about it. Not even J's mom. It will be absolutely hilarious!

In a few weeks, the girls will be 12 and 13. I'm still trying to figure out where the time went. It has gone by so fast. I was just thinking. Not that I want her to leave, but in 5 or so years, K will be old enough to move out on her own. 5 years! I maybe only have 5 years left with my baby girl. Sad, very sad. I keep trying to get them to tell me what kind of party they want to have. I'll have to keep you posted on that one...

No comments: